The Fall of Scotland Yard by Barry Cox, John Shirley and Martin Short  details the corruption in the Metropolitan Police which led to 3 police internal inquiries in the early to mid 1970s.
It is necessary to look at police corruption
- to find out the relationship between the Customs, who are becoming essential to the Playland situation  , and the Police at the time. The DCI Victor Kelaher case producing an ugly stand off between the two law enforcement agencies
- to assess whether the Police corruption affected the child abuse, detection and conviction of criminals at Playland and Piccadilly .
This will be discussed in future post, but here are included some extracts from the book relevant to the corruption, child abuse or the Piccadilly area.
1. “Times Inquiry” led to 2 detectives imprisoned in 1972. DCS Bill Moody (later jailed himself for corruption) led this inquiry after Lambert was taken off. Det Inspector Bernard Robson jailed for 7 years and Det Sergeant Gordon Harris for 6 years.
2. “Lancashire Police Inquiry” led by ACC Harold Prescott into the Drug Squad, which led to the trial of 6 Drug squad detectives and jailing of 3 in 1973. DCI Victor Kelaher, Det Serg Nobby Pilcher, DC Nick Prichard, Nigel Lilley, Adam Acworth, and WDC McGibbon.
3. Deputy Assistant Commissioner Gilbert Kelland Inquiry into corruption of over a dozen Soho and Mayfair detectives which led to three trials and the dismissal of Commander Wallace Virgo, sidekick Moody and ex Commander Kenneth Drury the most senior Scotland Yard men then brought before the courts as well as several otehers and the discreet dismissal of 20 other detectives.
Porn sellers were Bernie Silver, James Humpheys, Big Frank Misud.
The book mentions [p162] that the porn trade had its own private language and that pictures of children were known as “juve smudges”.
Police officers were in the same Freemasonry lodge in South London as porn distributors [p174]
Please note that victims of abuse may be triggered by reading this information. These links are generally UK based.
- The Sanctuary for the Abused [A] has advice on how to prevent triggers.
- National Association for People Abused in Childhood [B] has a freephone helpline and has links to local support groups.
- Other useful sites are One in Four [C]
- and Havoca [D].
- Useful post on Triggers [E] from SurvivorsJustice [F]blog.
- Jim Hoppers pages on Mindfulness [G] and Meditation [H] may be useful.
- Hwaairfan blog An Indigenous Australian Approach to Healing Trauma* [J]
Please consider researching child sexual abuse or a child abuser in your area or institution. 10 steps to researching child sexual abuse in your area 
 1977 The Fall of Scotland Yard Barry Cox, John Shirley, Martin Short. Penguin https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fall-Scotland-Yard-Penguin-special/dp/0140523189/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454688268&sr=8-1&keywords=the+fall+of+scotland+yard
 2016 Feb 1 Cathy Fox Blog 1981 Playland. The Plot Thickens -Tax Evasion https://cathyfox.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/1981-playland-plot-thickens-tax-evasion/
 Cathy Fox Blog Paedophilia Around Piccadilly Category https://cathyfox.wordpress.com/category/paedophilia-around-piccadilly/
 2015 May 25 Cathy Fox Blog 10 steps to researching child sexual abuse in your area https://cathyfox.wordpress.com/2015/05/25/researching-child-sexual-abuse-in-your-area-a-rough-guide/