The Report of the Committee of Enquiry into the Conduct of Standon Farm Approved School and the Circumstances Connected with the Murder of a Master at the School on 15 February 1947 is available on this link 
The Enquiry was carried out by Chair John Cyril Maude KC MP and Dr John Corlett MP and PF Tipping of the Home Office was the Secretary. The Warrant of Appointment was signed by J Chuter Ede MP. The Public Enquiry was held at the Guildhall Stafford.
William Peter Fieldhouse, aged 21, Assistant Gardening Instructor was the murdered man. Four boys at the school were found guilty of the murder and five more pleaded guilty of conspiracy to murder. Their plan however was mainly to kill the Headmaster Mr T Dawson, but it went awry.
Fascinating though it is, I must get onto other things, if anyone has the time and would like to give a short summary, it would be appreciated.
A useful page on Standon Farm Approved Home is here – Childrens Homes Standon  which does include a description of the incident, and that this inquiry recommended that the Headmaster be dismissed and that the school was closed.
The link to the Report is here 
The cover page is reproduced here
Please note that victims of abuse may be triggered by reading this information. These links are generally UK based.
- The Sanctuary for the Abused [A] has advice on how to prevent triggers.
- National Association for People Abused in Childhood [B] has a freephone helpline and has links to local support groups.
- One in Four [C]
- Havoca [D].
- Useful post on Triggers [E] from SurvivorsJustice [F] blog.
- Jim Hoppers pages on Mindfulness [G] and Meditation [H] may be useful.
- Hwaairfan blog An Indigenous Australian Approach to Healing Trauma [J]
- Survivors UK for victims and survivors of male rape or the sexual abuse of men [K]
- Voicing CSA group [L] helps arrange survivors meetings in your area
- A Prescription for me blog Various emotional support links [M]
- ShatterBoys -“Male Survivors Of Childhood Sexual Abuse Inspiring change, Through Shared Experience Whilst Building Connections…Together We Can Heal” [N]
 1947 approx Report of the Committee of Enquiry into the Conduct of Standon Farm Approved School and the Circumstances Connected with the Murder of a Master at the School on 15 February 1947 https://cathyfox.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/standon-farm-inquiry.pdf
[A] Sanctuary for the Abused http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.co.uk/2006/07/for-survivors-coping-with-triggers-if.html