I have received information that there was sexual abuse at Pine End School, Colley Lane, Reigate, a special school for ‘maladjusted’ children in care run by the old “Inner London Education Authority” ( ILEA). Lambeth Social Services sent people there.
One head teacher was Mr Gwillam Slimm, who was investigated for sexual misconduct, sometime in the 1980s I think. He was suspended for 2 years while there was an investigation but was later reinstated.
Mr Slimm came to the school with his wife Julie who had actually been a pupil of his at a former school. He also brought a male member of staff with him from his previous school. It is believed that there is a teacher with the same name in at least two other special schools in the north of England where he has been the head teacher.
There seems no information regarding the investigation into Gwillam Slimm or even if the other teacher was cited. Has anyone got any more information? You can leave comments anonymously below or email in confidence to PineEndMar17@cathyfox.33mail.com
Many of the girls had problems with a female teacher called Judy Rappaport (spelling?) who was brought in to restrain pupils when things ‘kicked off.’ Her actions were extremely heavy handed and she used unnecessary and extreme force in some cases.
Any information gratefully received.
If people were under the control of Lambeth Council or at Shirley Oaks they may be interested in this article 2007 Feb 6 Cathy Fox Blog Looking for a Place Called Home – Report of Shirley Oaks Survivors 
Please note that victims of abuse may be triggered by reading this information. These links are generally UK based.
- The Sanctuary for the Abused [A] has advice on how to prevent triggers.
- National Association for People Abused in Childhood [B] has a freephone helpline and has links to local support groups.
- One in Four [C]
- Havoca [D].
- Useful post on Triggers [E] from SurvivorsJustice [F] blog.
- Jim Hoppers pages on Mindfulness [G] and Meditation [H] may be useful.
- Hwaairfan blog An Indigenous Australian Approach to Healing Trauma [J]
- Survivors UK for victims and survivors of male rape or the sexual abuse of men [K]
- Voicing CSA group [L] helps arrange survivors meetings in your area
- A Prescription for me blog Various emotional support links [M]
- ShatterBoys -“Male Survivors Of Childhood Sexual Abuse Inspiring change, Through Shared Experience Whilst Building Connections…Together We Can Heal” [N]
 2007 Feb 6 Cathy Fox Blog Looking for a Place Called Home – Report of Shirley Oaks Survivors https://cathyfox.wordpress.com/2017/02/06/looking-for-a-place-called-home-report-of-shirley-oaks-survivors/
[A] Sanctuary for the Abused http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.co.uk/2006/07/for-survivors-coping-with-triggers-if.html