I was not aware of this connection between Portillo and Wanless when Peter Wanless, Chief Executive of NSPCC, was asked to carry out the review into the handling of historic child abuse allegations, so I post it for others information.
1994 Nov 13 Observer Knives Out for Portillo Protege via Scribd JustitiaEtLux 
There is also much else of interest on their site Scribd JustitiaEtLux 
Also check out all the Wanless links below
Please note that victims of abuse may be triggered by reading this information. These links are generally UK based.
- The Sanctuary for the Abused [A] has advice on how to prevent triggers.
- National Association for People Abused in Childhood [B] has a freephone helpline and has links to local support groups.
- One in Four [C]
- Havoca [D].
- Useful post on Triggers [E] from SurvivorsJustice [F] blog.
- Jim Hoppers pages on Mindfulness [G] and Meditation [H] may be useful.
- Hwaairfan blog An Indigenous Australian Approach to Healing Trauma [J]
- Survivors UK for victims and survivors of male rape or the sexual abuse of men [K]
- Voicing CSA group [L] helps arrange survivors meetings in your area
- A Prescription for me blog Various emotional support links [M]
- ShatterBoys -“Male Survivors Of Childhood Sexual Abuse Inspiring change, Through Shared Experience Whilst Building Connections…Together We Can Heal” [N]
 1994 Nov 13 Observer Knives Out for Portillo Protege via Scribd JustitiaEtLux https://www.scribd.com/document/294012179/Knives-out-for-Portillo-protege#
 Wikipedia Westminster Paedophile Dossier Wanlees Inquiry Report https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_paedophile_dossier#Wanless_Inquiry_report Archive http://archive.is/JWpO8
More unsorted Wanless leaks, some incomplete
My Sweet Landlord @MySweetLandlord @ian_pace Wanless-Whittam Review progress report to HASC postponed from last Tuesday to some time in October. Lame. http://www.parliament.uk/…/home-a…/news/140904-rotherham-ev/ …
from john mann to home secretary re child abuse and wanless report http://www.parliament.uk/…/writ…/written-questions-answers/…
survivors and wanless http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx…
Home Sec statement on Wanless Report http://theneedleblog.wordpress.com/…/11/11/the-wanless-rep…/
May statement and questions on Wanless review http://www.bbc.co.uk/…/house-of-commons-wanless-review-urge…
Don Hale interview @ 1hr 21 min http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04nrrbp
Home Affairs Cttee @CommonsHomeAffs
We’re taking evidence from @ukhomeoffice Perm Sec @marksedwill at 2.45 today on the work of the Dept. Watch live: http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx… …
sedwill in from of HASC http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Main/Player.aspx…
Tom Parmenter @TomSkyNews
.@SarahChampionMP on the Thatcher file being held back from the Wanless report: “makes a mockery of the process…clearly he was lied to”
Liz Lane @LizLaneSky Peter Wanless says to the best of his knowledge he hasn’t seen the #peterhayman file – despite Home Sec saying last wk she thought he had
[A] Sanctuary for the Abused http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.co.uk/2006/07/for-survivors-coping-with-triggers-if.html