In my post about Peter Mckelvie and his defamation by the Daily Mail, Heroes for Exposing Child Sexual Abuse – Part 1 – Peter McKelvie  I relied on some information from Michael Hames book The Dirty Squad  which details his time at the Obscene Publications Squad.
I have been provided with the relevant Chapter [HT LD] . This Chapter posted here includes various matters including
- Operation Clarence
- Operation Cathedral
- Herefordshire and Worcestershire Social Services Operations
- Peter Righton
- David Bloomfield
- Charles Napier
[Click on page to enlarge]
Updated 22/3/2017 14.00hrs
My questions were
Was the investigation carried out properly when Hames was Head of the unit? Even he says he was disappointed with the outcome.
- Was a caution really the best that could be achieved with the wealth of evidence that we now know he had in Righton’s diary? Strangely Hames did not mention such a goldmine find in his book.
- When did the unit under Hames interview Righton, if at all?
- Why did they not follow up Righton’s serious offences?
- Why was no action taken against Richard Alston? Was that Hames’s decision?
- Was this really the best the investigation into all the other contacts of Righton?
- Why were no PIE contacts arrested and charged?
- Was there any interference from Government departments?
For more on this see Heroes for Exposing Child Sexual Abuse – Part 1 – Peter McKelvie 
As a comment below points out, questions must also be asked about Hames being a freemason.
Please note that victims of abuse may be triggered by reading this information. These links are generally UK based.
- The Sanctuary for the Abused [A] has advice on how to prevent triggers.
- National Association for People Abused in Childhood [B] has a freephone helpline and has links to local support groups.
- One in Four [C]
- Havoca [D].
- Useful post on Triggers [E] from SurvivorsJustice [F] blog.
- Jim Hoppers pages on Mindfulness [G] and Meditation [H] may be useful.
- Hwaairfan blog An Indigenous Australian Approach to Healing Trauma [J]
- Survivors UK for victims and survivors of male rape or the sexual abuse of men [K]
- Voicing CSA group [L] helps arrange survivors meetings in your area
- A Prescription for me blog Various emotional support links [M]
- ShatterBoys -“Male Survivors Of Childhood Sexual Abuse Inspiring change, Through Shared Experience Whilst Building Connections…Together We Can Heal” [N]
 2000 Apr 6 Michael Hames The Dirty Squad https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Dirty-Squad-Michael-Hames/0316853216/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490120494&sr=8-3&keywords=Michael+hames
 2017 Mar 8 Cathy Fox Blog Heroes for Exposing Child Sexual Abuse – Part 1 – Peter McKelvie https://cathyfox.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/heroes-for-exposing-child-sexual-abuse-part-1-peter-mckelvie/
[A] Sanctuary for the Abused http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.co.uk/2006/07/for-survivors-coping-with-triggers-if.html
Many spiders when they unite can tie down a lion – Ethiopean Proverb